Friday, July 10, 2009

Moisture Sensor Is Working.

So, the moisture sensor was very easy to wire up. You just need one 10k resistor, stick the nails into the soil and voila! I put the nails into some soil that was pretty dry and the sensor reading was around 250. I then took a glass of water and poured just a little in, and instantly the sensor was reading in the mid 300's. I was impressed by how sensitive it was. I poured the rest of the water (about how much I would put if I were watering the plant) and the sensor read around 600. This gives me some kind of baseline for how the sensor will work. I also wired up two LED's - one red for when the moisture drops below 300, and a green one when above 300. Next up, wiring the little pump. I'll need to get a bucket with water as this pump will burn out if its not submersed in water.

0 comments: